Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grand Palace, What Pho Oct. 19th

GRAND PALACE: I didn't realize the palace tour was going to be mostly outside. I would have put sunscreen of the girls. We had a very nice tour guide that told us lots of facts. Sometimes I wished he would give a little less detail. By the end of the day we were all sunburned.  We also kept getting stopped so people could take pictures with Lily. After we left the Grand Palace we took a Tut Tut ride to get to our next place.










 WAT PHO: I stayed outside with Lily so she could walk around. Everyone else went inside to tour the reclining Buddha. "The image of reclining Buddha is 15 m high and 43 m long with his right arm supporting the head with tight curls on two box-pillows of blue, richly encrusted with glass mosaics."  O'Neil 2008, pp. 116-118



No comments: