Monday, March 25, 2013

Prescott Road Trip March 23rd

Saturday Scott had a work weekend retreat in Prescott, AZ. The company paid for our room and then they have a dinner that night. Family's are always welcome to come. On our way to Scott's work retreat we stopped by the Prescott zoo for a few hours.



 Katelyn loves peacocks and was so excited to see one.
 Here are two Apacas- the white ones name is Marshmallow! I thought they were adorable!
 Katelyn petting the goat!
 Having fun on the playground.
 Look carefully you will see the baby bear standing up to eat a spoonful of peanut butter.
 Behind Katelyn is the 400lb adult bear eating his meal. They put peanut butter on the broccoli to get the bear to eat it.
 Enjoying the perfect weather and having a picnic. It was really winding when we arrived, but now the warmth feels great.
 Lily looking at the tiger.

 They have an up close encounter during the day and you can pet several animals. I stayed away from the snakes, but loved being up close to the tortoise. Katelyn petting the tortoise.


  The worker said Lily was small enough to ride the tortoise. I was so excited to get a cute picture with Lily riding him in the grass. Lily was NOT excited like me.


They had an animal in a ball and the girls enjoyed watching him roll around.
 
 
Anyone who knows me can tell how happy I am to be up close with a tortoise. I was so excited when I saw them carry him onto the grass.



We walked around downtown Prescott in the afternoon. We enjoyed the dinner and raffles that night. Here is Lily staying busy until the food arrives.
 Our cutie getting ready for bed at the hotel. Both girls got sunburned at the zoo.

No comments: